Tuesday 5 November 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gram Paarson [Cecil Connor] and Patricia K Kuhl.
Song of the South, directed by Harve Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Josephine Terry's Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Gram Paarson [Cecil Connor]: Winter Haven, Florida -- Rocker (Byrds).
- Patricia K Kuhl: Speech and hearing Scientist.
- Herman Brood: Netherlands musician, Holland's most famous rock star, a suicide by jumping from the roof of the Hilton Hotel in Amsterdam on 7/11/2001, 3:00 PM MEDT.
- Doug Stephan: American radio host whose "Good Day USA" morning program is heard in over 300 cities, the 10th highest rated radio show in the U.S.
- Gram Parsons: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Byrds The Flying Burrito Brothers and International Submarine Band) (d. 1973).
- Ariel Ureta: Filipino journalist and actor
- Ken Whaley: Austrian-English bass player and songwriter (Help Yourself Ducks Deluxe and Man) (d. 2013)
- Sigismond Stojowski: Composer, dies at 77.
- John F Kennedy (Democrat-Massachusetts) elected to US House of Representatives.
- Senate and House elections in the United States both give majorities to the Republicans.
- At least 1,400 people are killed in an earthquake measuring 7.4 on the Richter Scale, in the Ancash Region and Quiches District in Peru.
- The Slimbridge Wetland Reserve opens in England.
- A truce is declared between Indonesian nationalist troops and the Dutch army in Indonesia.
- In Chicago, a branch of the ''Exchange National Bank'' (now part of the LaSalle Bank) opens the first 10 drive-up teller windows.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?