Wednesday 20 November 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Best Years of Our Lives, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1946 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- R Archer: British politician returned to Parliament on June 11, 1987.
- Kay Turner: American political activist who ran for mayor of San Antonio, Texas in mid-1995, claiming a shoestring budget and a platform of honest reform.
- John "Blackfoot" Colbert: US singer (Soul Children, Taxi).
- Ray Stiles: Rocker.
- Duane Allman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Allman Brothers Band Hour Glass Derek and the Dominos and The Allman Joys) (d. 1971).
- Kirill: Patriarch Kirill of Moscow
- Judy Woodruff: Newscaster (McNeil Lehrer Report)
- Greg Cook: American college/pro football player, quarterback, called "blond bomber;" retired 11-1973. Following retirement, Greg Cook, lived in Cincinnati, worked with United Parcel Service and with Worksite Information Network as a motivational speaker for labor unions. He was an art major at the University of Cincinnati, and continued to paint. Cook has had works on display in the Ohio Governor's Mansion. Cook did some color commentary of University of Cincinnati football broadcasts in the mid-1980s.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Helen Carroll - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?