Sunday 4 September 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Virgile and Kim Thayil.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Danger Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1960 ?
- Peter Virgile: Soap actor (Hostage, Popeye Doyle).
- Kim Thayil: American guitarist (Soundgarden, Probot).
- William Smith: American noted family, the second son of Jean Kennedy Smith and the grandson of Joseph Kennedy Sr.
- Damon Wayans: American actor and comedian.
- Shailesh Vara: Ugandan-English lawyer and politician.
- Alfred E Green: Director (Copacabana), dies after long illness at 71.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Bobby Rydell - Volare
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Donnie Brooks - Mission Bell
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Anita Bryant - In My Little Corner Of The World
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?