Sunday 4 September 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1960 ?
- Damon Wayans: American actor and comedian.
- Peter Virgile: Soap actor (Hostage, Popeye Doyle).
- Shailesh Vara: Ugandan-English lawyer and politician.
- William Smith: American noted family, the second son of Jean Kennedy Smith and the grandson of Joseph Kennedy Sr.
- Kim Thayil: American guitarist (Soundgarden, Probot).
- Alfred E Green: Director (Copacabana), dies after long illness at 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Bobby Rydell - Volare
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Donnie Brooks - Mission Bell
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Anita Bryant - In My Little Corner Of The World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?