Tuesday 1 January 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1963 ?
- Linda Henry: Soap Opera Actress.
- Lance Smith: NFL guard (New York Giants).
- Élisabeth Maurin: French dancer and educator, principal dancer with the Paris Opera Ballet in 1985, nominated Etoile (Star) of the Opéra National de Paris on 23 December 1988.
- Alberico Evani: Italian soccer/football player and team manager, he played with Milan (1980–1993), Sampdoria (1993–1997), Reggiana (1997–1998), and Carrarese (1998–1999).
- Alberigo Evani: Italian footballer and manager.
- Jean-Marc Gounon: French race car driver
- Lina Kaciusyte: Lithuanian swimmer
- Drazen Ladic: Croatian footballer
- WTEV (now WLNE) TV channel 6 in Providence RI begins broadcasting
- G Woods succeeds Eugene Black as president of the World Bank.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- The Exciters - Tell Him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?