Saturday 12 January 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francois Girard and Corinne Dacia.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Steve Lawrence.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching The Dakotas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1963 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Francois Girard: French-Canadian film director and screenwriter.
- Corinne Dacia: French actress who abandoned her cinema career and since 2010 has directed a children's library in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.
- François Girard: Canadian director and screenwriter.
- Nando Reis: Brazilian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Nando Reis e Os Infernais and Titãs).
- Go Away Little Girl by Steve Lawrence peaks at #1
- Spin bowler Bobby Simpson takes 5-57 for Australia versus England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Cliff Richard - The Next Time / Bachelor Boy
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Shadows - Dance On!
- Freddie & The Dreamers - You Were Made For Me
- Duane Eddy - Dance With The Guitar Man
- Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- Frank Ifield - Lovesick Blues
- Kathy Kirby - Secret Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?