Sunday 13 January 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Steve Lawrence.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Reptilicus, directed by Sidney Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Shoes of the Fisherman by Morris L. West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1963 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Kevin McClatchy: American businessman.
- Tim Patrick Kelly in Trenton: New Jersey, USA; guitarist (Slaughter - "Stick it Live").
- Felita Carr in Fort Lauderdale: Florida, USA; dance skater (and Komarov-1995 Pacific Champion).
- Leonardus G Kortenhorst: Dutch Member of Parliament (KVP), dies at age 76.
- NFL Pro Bowl: East beats West 30-20.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- The Exciters - Tell Him
- Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- Mary Wells - Two Lovers
- Paul Petersen - My Dad
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?