Thursday 5 May 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Vivacious Lady, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1938 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Jerzy Skolimowski: Warsaw, Poland -- Director (Hands Up, Deep End).
- Michael Murphy in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (McCabe and Mrs Miller, Unmarried Woman).
- Johnnie Taylor: US gospel singer ("I Believe in You").
- Mijanou Bardot: French actress, sister of Brigitte Bardot.
- Michael Murphy: Movie Actor.
- Bill Robertson: American businessman and politician (d. 2013)
- Barbara Wagner: Canadian figure skater and coach
- Phillies Harold Kelleher faces 16 batters in 6th, as Cubs score 12 runs, both marks are NL records off one hurler in a single inning
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?