Saturday 5 November 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Last Train To Clarksville by The Monkees.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1966 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Nayim : Spanish footballer and manager.
- James Allen: English journalist and sportscaster.
- Georgia Apostolou: Greek model and actress.
- Urmas Kirs: Estonian footballer and manager.
- Brigham Young QB Virgil Carter sets NCAA record of 599 yards gained
- Thirty-eight African states demand that the United Kingdom use force against the Rhodesian government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?