Wednesday 16 November 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Keep Me Hangin' On by The Supremes.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1966 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Dan Nowosielski: Montreal, Quebec -- Fencing epee (1996 Olympics).
- Lisa Brown Miller: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Tammy Lauren in San Diego: California, USA; actress (Angie, Out of the Blue).
- Tim Scott: Hanford, California -- Pitcher (Montreal Expos).
- Tricia Cast in Medford: New York, USA; actress (Amanda - Bad News Bear, The Young and the Restless).
- Geneviève Lhermitte: Belgian mother who killed her five children, a son (3 and a half year) and four daughters (7, 10, 12 and 15 years) by slitting their throat on 28 February 2007 in Nivelles, Belgium.
- Joey Cape: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Lagwagon Bad Astronaut The Playing Favorites and Scorpios)
- Dave Kushner: American guitarist (Velvet Revolver Electric Love Hogs Loaded and DKFXP)
- Christian Lorenz: German keyboard player (Rammstein and Feeling B)
- Dean McDermott: Canadian-American actor and producer
- Tahir Shah: English journalist author and explorer
- Dr Sam Sheppard freed after 9 years in jail, by a jury
- Pirates outfielder Roberto Clemente is named NL MVP
- U.S. doctor Sam Sheppard is acquitted in his second trial for the murder of his pregnant wife in 1954.
- The U.N. General Assembly decides to found the United Nations Industrial Development Organization.
- A spectacular Leonid meteor shower passes over Arizona, at the rate of 2,300 a minute for 20 minutes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Rain On The Roof
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?