Monday 6 February 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter E Fauntroy American politician (Representative-Democrat-DC and Henri Rancoule.
She Done Him Wrong, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1933 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Walter E Fauntroy American politician (Representative-Democrat-DC: 1971-).
- Henri Rancoule: France sport Champion.
- Jacques Paitra: Vincennes EXecutives.
- Leslie Crowther: English comedian actor and game show host (d. 1996).
- 20th Amendment goes into effect: Presidential term begins in Jan not March
- President von Hindenburg and von Papen end Prussian parliament
- Highest recorded sea wave (not tsunami), 34 metres (112 feet), in Pacific hurricane near Manila, Philippines.
- US 20th Amendment goes into effect; Presidential term begins in January not March.
- The 20th Amendment to the United States Constitution, establishing the beginning and ending of the terms of the elected federal offices, goes into effect.
- February 7 ampndash Officers on the USS ''Ramapo'' record a 34-meter high sea-wave in the Pacific Ocean.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?