Tuesday 14 February 1933, Valentine's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1933 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Andrey Mikhaylovich Volkonsky: Composer.
- Bertram Jay Turetzky: Composer.
- Evelyn Ebsworth: Vice-Chancellor (Durham University).
- Jean-Michel Boris: French theater director, general manager of the 'Olympia' music hall in Paris from 1979 to 2001.
- Madhubala : Indian actress and singer (d. 1969).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?