Monday 6 January 1941, Epiphany
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sandy Denny and Larry Richardson.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1941 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Sandy Denny: country singer (Fairport Convention - "If You Gotta Go").
- Larry Richardson: American ballet dancer, teacher and choreographer; appeared in the companies of Tetley and Lang and on Broadway.
- Nicole Hassler: .
- US President Franklin Roosevelt gives "Four Freedoms" speech (speech, worship, from want, and from fear).
- President Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms Speech in the State of the Union Address.
- The keel of the is laid at the New York Navy Yard in Brooklyn.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?