Tuesday 6 January 1942, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1942 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- 1st around world flight (Pan Am Pacific Clipper)
- Bob Feller, enlists in Navy and reports for duty to Norfolk Virginia
- First around world flight (Pan Am "Pacific Clipper").
- Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to schedule a flight around the world.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?