Friday 6 June 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Movie, directed by Andy Warhol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1969 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Brian Greenfield: WLAF punter (London Monarchs).
- Douglas Lee Mitchell: Miles, Michigan -- Heavy metal artist (Southgang).
- Mike Croel: NFL linebacker (New York Giants).
- Erik Prince: American soldier and businessman co-founded Academi.
- Fernando Redondo: Argentinian footballer.
- Joe Namath resigns from NFL after Pete Rozelle, football commissioner, said he must sell his stake in a bar
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?