Friday 20 June 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald Dixon and Malivai Washington.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Main Chance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1969 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Gerald Dixon: NFL linebacker (Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals).
- Malivai Washington: Glen Cove, New York -- Tennis star (1996 Olympics).
- Giovanni Lombardi: Italian cyclist, an Olympic gold medal champion at Barcelona in 1992.
- Paulo Bento: Portuguese footballer and manager.
- Peter Paige: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Misha Verbitsky: Russian mathematician and academic
- MaliVai Washington: American tennis player and sportscaster
- Georges Pompidou sworn in as President of France
- White Rhodesia agrees to race separation
- 150,000 attend Newport '69, Jimi Hendrix gets $120,000 to appear.
- The Cuyahoga River fire helps spur an avalanche of water pollution control activities resulting in the Clean Water Act, Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement and the creation of the federal Environmental Protection Agency
- Judy Garland dies of drug overdose in her London home
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?