Sunday 22 June 1969
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1969 ?
- Derek Russell: NFL wide receiver (Houston / Tennessee Oilers).
- Stéphane Moitoiret: French murderer of the boy Valentine (11 years old).
- Judy Garland: American singer and actress, a top star from her first film at age 13, "The Wizard of Oz.
- Aretha Franklin arrested in Detroit for creating a disturbance
- In Cleveland, Ohio, USA, the Cuyahoga River catches fire, triggering a crack-down on pollution in the river.
- The Cuyahoga River catches fire, which triggers a crack-down on pollution in the river.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- Three Dog Night - One
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?