Monday 6 March 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Spielberg in Weslaco and Jerry Naylor in Stephenville.
The Little Princess, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1939 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- David Spielberg in Weslaco: Texas, USA; actor (Jessica Novak, The Practice).
- Jerry Naylor in Stephenville: Texas, USA; rock vocalist (Crickets).
- Infanta Margarita of Spain: duchess of Soria.
- Christopher Bond: American politician, the former Republican Governor of Missouri.
- Kit Bond: American lawyer and Republican politician.
- Alain Grund: French publisher, head of the Gründ publishing house from 1963 to 2008.
- Duchess of Soria Infanta Margarita: Spanish royalty, the younger sister of King Juan Carlos I of Spain. She is the younger daughter of Infante Juan, Count of Barcelona, and Princess María Mercedes of Bourbon-Two Sicilies. Margarita has been blind since birth. She married the physician Carlos Zurita y Delgado on 12 October 1972 in Estoril. They have two children.
- Infanta Margarita: Duchess of Soria
- Adam Osborne: Thai-Indian engineer and businessman founded the Osborne Computer Corporation (d. 2003)
- Cookie Rojas: Cuban-American baseball player coach and manager
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?