Wednesday 6 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1940 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Ken Danby: Canadian artist, one of the world's foremost contemporary realist painters.
- Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe: French philosopher, literary critic and translator, who died on 27 January 2007 in Paris.
- Joanna Miles: Nice, France -- Actress (Cross Creek, Delta County USA).
- Willie Stargell: American baseball player and coach (d. 2001).
- Jeff Wooller: English accountant and banker.
- Willie Stargell outfielder/first baseman (Pittsburgh Pirates: 1971 National League homerun leader).
- Dan Milland: American writer, noted family, suicide, son of actor Ray Milland and Muriel Weber.
- 1st US telecast from an airplane, New York City
- First US telecast from an airplane, New York City, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?