Wednesday 6 March 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willie Stargell outfielder/first baseman (Pittsburgh Pirates and Ken Danby.
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1940 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
- Willie Stargell outfielder/first baseman (Pittsburgh Pirates: 1971 National League homerun leader).
- Ken Danby: Canadian artist, one of the world's foremost contemporary realist painters.
- Philippe Lacoue-Labarthe: French philosopher, literary critic and translator, who died on 27 January 2007 in Paris.
- Dan Milland: American writer, noted family, suicide, son of actor Ray Milland and Muriel Weber.
- Joanna Miles: Nice, France -- Actress (Cross Creek, Delta County USA).
- Willie Stargell: American baseball player and coach (d. 2001)
- Jeff Wooller: English accountant and banker
- 1st US telecast from an airplane, New York City
- First US telecast from an airplane, New York City, New York.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?