Sunday 12 March 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Mlinaric and Barbara Feldon in Pittsburgh.
Love Affair, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1939 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- David Mlinaric: British interior director.
- Barbara Feldon in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Agent 99 - Get Smart).
- Charlie Brown: American hippie active in the sub-culture interest of the plight of the American Indians in San Francisco's days of flower-power.
- Lyndsie Holland: English actress and singer (d. 2014).
- Jude Milhon: American hacker and author (d. 2003).
- Pope Pius XII crowned in Vatican ceremonies.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?