Saturday 7 September 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1940 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Giuseppe Giacomini: Italian dramatic tenor with an impressive voice thanks to its richness and power.
- Abdurrahman Wahid: Indonesian journalist and politician 4th President of Indonesia (d. 2009).
- Dario Argento: Italian director and screenwriter specializing in gory, bloody horror films.
- Edmund Rumpler: Austria auto / airplane builder.
- 54th US Womens Tennis: Alice Marble beats Helen Hull Jacobs (62 63)
- 60th US Mens Tennis: McNeill beats Robert Riggs (46 68 63 63 75)
- Luftwaffe loses 41 bombers above England
- German Air Force blitzes London, England for first of 57 consecutive nights.
- World War II: The Blitz : Nazi Germany begins to rain bombs on London. This will be the first of 57 consecutive nights of bombing.
- Treaty of Craiova: Romania loses Southern Dobrudja to Bulgaria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?