Friday 9 September 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Contagion, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The B.S. of A. with Brian Sack.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alice: Madness Returns or CastleVille.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2011 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 September
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Yemeni uprising:
- Over a million people protest against Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh in one of the Yemeni opposition's largest protests. (CNN)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- Syrians engage in mass Friday protests against the Syrian government, calling on the international community for assistance against President Bashar al-Assad's regime. (Al Jazeera)
- About 3,000 Egyptian protesters storm the Israeli embassy in Cairo. (CNN)
- A 6.4 magnitude earthquake occurs off the coast of Vancouver Island in Canada's British Columbia province. (''Victoria Times Colonist'')
- ''Australopithecus sediba'' skeletons found at the Cradle of Humankind site in South Africa are dated at 2 million years old, suggesting that the hominid species could be a transitional fossil between apes and humans. (''The Australian'')
- In rugby union, the 2011 Rugby World Cup begins in New Zealand, with New Zealand's All Blacks playing Tonga's Sea Eagles in Auckland. (''The Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?