Monday 12 September 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Moneyball, directed by Bennett Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 September 2011 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 September
- Approximately 100 people die after a petrol pipeline explodes in Nairobi.
- The EU Council votes to extend the copyright on sound recordings from 50 to 70 years. (BBC)
- British comedian David Walliams completes a 140-mile charity swim along the River Thames, raising £1 million in aid of the BBC's Sport Relief. (BBC)
- Stocks on Asian markets fall sharply due to renewed concerns over the Eurozone debt crisis. (Market Watch)
- At least 19 people die in a bus crash on the Indonesian island of Java. (''Jakarta Post'')
- At least 240 bodies have been recovered off the coast of Zanzibar following Saturday's ferry sinking. (Xinhua)
- In tennis, Novak Djokovic of Serbia wins the Men's Singles at the 2011 US Open defeating Rafael Nadal of Spain 6-2, 6-4, 6-7 (3-7), 6-1. (''New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?