Thursday 6 December 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bert Geoffrey and Bobby Van.
West of Zanzibar, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1928 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Bert Geoffrey: Achong; inventor (electron microscopist).
- Bobby Van: Actor / TV host (Make Me Laugh), dies of cancer at 49.
- The government of Colombia sent military forces to suppress a month-long strike by United Fruit Company workers, resulting in an unknown number of deaths.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?