Wednesday 28 September 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Real Steel, directed by Shawn Levy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 28 September 2011 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 September
- The Prime Minister of New Zealand John Key announces that a second New Zealand Special Air Service soldier has died in fighting in Afghanistan. (Xinhua)
- Greek transport workers commence a two-day strike over the latest austerity measures passed by the Hellenic Parliament overnight. (ABC News Australia)
- The first Boeing 787 Dreamliner arrives in Tokyo, Japan, to commence service with All Nippon Airways. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention links an outbreak of listeriosis that has caused 13 deaths and 72 illnesses in 18 states to infected cantaloupes from Colorado. (CNN)
- Residents and authorities in the Philippines clean up after Typhoon Nesat which killed at least 20 people, most in and near the capital Manila. (AP via ''The Star-Tribune'')
- A stampede on a docked ferry in Indonesia's East Java province results in eight deaths and dozens more injured. (TV New Zealand)
- The Chinese city of Shanghai shuts down line 10 of its metro system and slows down train speed following a collision that injured 271 people. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- The iconic sport and concert venue K.B. Hallen, Copenhagen from 1938 burns down. (''Copenhagen Post'')
- Japan asks South Korea to block plans to build a monument to Korean World War II ampquotcomfort womenampquot near the Japanese embassy in Seoul. (Yonhap)
- Australian newspaper columnist Andrew Bolt loses an action in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to breaches of the Racial Discrimination Act in columns about nine prominent aborigines. (''The Australian'')
- The FBI arrests Rezwan Ferdaus, a 26-year-old American citizen, for plotting to fly remotely-controlled planes filled with explosives into The Pentagon and the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. (BBC)
- In baseball, the St Louis Cardinals and the Tampa Bay Rays qualify for wild card positions in the playoffs for the 2011 Major League Baseball season, while the Philadelphia Phillies complete their season with 102 wins, breaking their franchise record set in 1976 for most wins in a season. (CSN Philly)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?