Saturday 24 September 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
50/50, directed by Jonathan Levine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheetah Diaries.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL or Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 24 September 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 September
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Libyan civil war: In the pro-Muammar Gaddafi stronghold of Sirte, National Transitional Council forces are massing in a square about a kilometer (0.6 miles) from the city center, as they weather heavy fire from pro-Gaddafi snipers. (Reuters)
- Turkey seizes a Syrian ship possibly carrying weapons to the Syrian Army, as the 2011 Syrian uprising continues. (Voice of America)
- Six people die in a house fire in the London suburb of Neasden. (''The Telegraph'')
- A Spanish oil tanker hijacked off the coast of West Africa is freed, with no harm reportedly done to the crew, and no ransom paid to the pirates. (AP via Google News)
- Oswald Grübel, chief executive of Swiss bank UBS, resigns in the wake of a rogue trading scandal. (Sky News)
- At the United Russia Congress, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin accepts President Dmitry Medvedev's proposal to run in the 2012 Russian presidential election. (RIA Novosti)
- Herman Cain wins a Florida straw poll for the 2012 Republican presidential primaries. (CNN)
- Voters in Bahrain go to the polls for byelections caused by the resignation of Shiite members during the 2011 Bahraini uprising many Shiite voters are expected to boycott the election. (Reuters)
- Voters in the United Arab Emirates go to the polls for parliamentary elections. (BBC)
- The decommissioned NASA Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite re-enters Earth's atmosphere without incident, after more than 20 years in orbit. (''Washington Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?