Tuesday 13 September 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Moneyball, directed by Bennett Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2011 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Xander Jones: American child of noted mother, actress January Jones known primarily for her portrayal as Don Draper's wife in the popular series "Mad Men.
- Investigators in Gothenburg, Sweden, now think that the four men arrested for the 2011 failed Gothenburg terrorist attack have links to the terrorist network Al-Qaida. (CBC)
- Taliban insurgents attack the United States embassy, NATO headquarters and police buildings in the Afghan capital Kabul. (BBC)
- U.S. bankruptcy court judge Mary Walrath rejects a reorganization plan submitted by Washington Mutual, holding that the Debtors erred by planning to pay senior debtholders a contract rate of interest rather than the federal judgment rate. (Wall Street Journal Online)
- 12.3 million people have been displaced and 11.2 million homes affected, as well as 1.7 million acres of fertile land inundated, in the wake of the monsoonal 2011 Sindh floods in Pakistan. The death toll from the flooding currently stands at 270. (''Express Tribune'')
- At least 11 people are killed and over 228 injured in a collision between a bus and train in the suburb of Flores in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires. (''Buenos Aires Herald'')
- The Pagami Creek wildfire in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness of the U.S. state of Minnesota spreads to over 100,000 acres, with smoke drifting across the Midwest. (''Duluth News'')
- Pakistani Taliban gunmen opened fire on a Peshawar school bus that kills 15 people. (The Guardian)
- Over 5,000 people have reportedly been infected by an outbreak of dengue fever in Pakistan. (ARY News)
- Voters in New York's 9th congressional district go to the polls for a special election to replace former member of the United States House of Representatives Anthony Weiner with Republican Bob Turner winning a tight race with Democrat David Weprin (AP)
- The date of the Venezualan presidential election is set for 7 October, 2012. (BBC)
- The British House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee announces its intention to recall James Murdoch as its probe into the News International phone hacking scandal continues. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom Boundaries Commission publishes proposals to redraw constituency boundaries in England and Northern Ireland to reduce the number of MPs in the House of Commons from 650 to 600 at the next general election. Proposals for Scotland and Wales will be announced later. (BBC)
- Unions in the United Kingdom call on members to stage a nationwide ampquotday of actionampquot on 30 November in protest at changes to public sector pensions. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 September 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?