Sunday 8 January 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1933 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Charles Osgood in New York City: New York, USA; news anchor (CBS Weekend News).
- Ko Un: Korean poet.
- Warren Kenton: British Kabbalist and astrologer.
- Jean Straub: French film director, producer, screenwriter and editor.
- Nolan Miller: American fashion and jewelry designer (d. 2012).
- Charles Osgood: American soldier and journalist
- Jean-Marie Straub: France -- Director (Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach)
- Willie Tasby: American baseball player
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?