Sunday 8 January 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Osgood in New York City and Ko Un.
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1933 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Charles Osgood in New York City: New York, USA; news anchor (CBS Weekend News).
- Ko Un: Korean poet.
- Warren Kenton: British Kabbalist and astrologer.
- Jean Straub: French film director, producer, screenwriter and editor.
- Nolan Miller: American fashion and jewelry designer (d. 2012).
- Charles Osgood: American soldier and journalist
- Jean-Marie Straub: France -- Director (Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach)
- Willie Tasby: American baseball player
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?