Saturday 14 January 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Employees' Entrance, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1933 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Stan Brakhage: American director and producer (d. 2003).
- The controversial Bodyline cricket tactics used by Douglas Jardine's England peaks when Australian captain Bill Woodfull was hit in the heart.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?