Sunday 1 January 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1933 ?
- Jean-Pierre Farkas: French journalist and head of radio.
- Joseph Koo: Chinese composer and conductor.
- Frederick Lowy: Canadian psychiatrist and academic.
- James A: Abrahamson; US Air Force/astronaut.
- Joe Orton: England, United Kingdom -- Actor / dramatist (Prick Up Your Ears).
- Norman Yemm: Australian actor
- Anders Bo Leif Linde: Composer
- James Hormel: American philanthropist and a former United States Ambassador to Luxembourg. Appointed by U.S. President Bill Clinton in 1999, Hormel was the first openly gay person to serve as a U.S. Ambassador and is a noted activist for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) rights.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Here it is Monday - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?