Wednesday 4 January 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1933 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Joe Pilcher: American writer, a free-lance journalist who writes for Time and for People magazines, among others.
- Henri Aal-Pomares: Spanish-Belgian TV personality, the Minister of French language and Belgian culture.
- Ed Jenkins American politician (Representative-Democrat-Georgia: 1977-).
- Ilia II: Catholicos-Patriarch of all Georgia.
- Phyllis Naylor: American author.
- Lucas Lindeboom: Dutch evangelist (Vredebond), dies at age 87.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Here it is Monday - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 January 1933 and get them!