Saturday 8 November 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
Mon Oncle, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1958 ?
- Bertrand Pierre-Galey: French cultural administrator, the Director General of the National Museum of Natural History of Paris.
- Richard Curtis: New Zealand-born British screenwriter.
- Don Byron: American clarinet player and composer.
- Ken Lamberton: American writer, former teacher, and convicted sex offender.
- Selçuk Yula: Turkish footballer and journalist (d. 2013).
- Terry Lee Miall: England, United Kingdom -- Rock drummer (Adam & The Ants)
- Gerolf Annemans: Belgian politician, a member of the Flemish extreme right block.
- Maria Golovin closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 5 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Earl Grant - The End
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?