Sunday 8 October 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert "Kool" Bell and Robert Kool Bell.
Harvey, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1950 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Robert "Kool" Bell: Youngstown, Ohio -- Rocker (Kool & the Gang-Joanna).
- Robert Kool Bell: American musician (Kool & the Gang).
- Robert Bell: American musician, a member of Kool and the Gang, first assembled in 1964.
- Terry Gou: Entrepreneur.
- : American singer-songwriter and bass player (Kool & the Gang).
- Blake Morrison: English poet author and academic
- 4th NHL All-Star Game: Detroit beat All-Stars 7-1 at Detroit
- Cleveland Browns play Pittsburgh for 1st time, beat Steelers 30-17
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- All My Love (Bolero) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Harbor Lights - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?