Sunday 8 October 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Harvey, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1950 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Robert Kool Bell: American musician (Kool & the Gang).
- Robert "Kool" Bell: Youngstown, Ohio -- Rocker (Kool & the Gang-Joanna).
- : American singer-songwriter and bass player (Kool & the Gang).
- Blake Morrison: English poet author and academic.
- Terry Gou: Entrepreneur.
- Robert Bell: American musician, a member of Kool and the Gang, first assembled in 1964. Bob was the son of a musician who had played jazz with Thelonious Monk and he himself played from the time he was in high school with a jazz combo, The Jazziacs. Not making any money, he moved toward R&B and a local promoter booked him into regular gigs backing soul acts under the name Soul Music Review. Bell continued to play jazz in his spare time in churches and coffee bars, and jamming whenever he could with the jazz
- 4th NHL All-Star Game: Detroit beat All-Stars 7-1 at Detroit
- Cleveland Browns play Pittsburgh for 1st time, beat Steelers 30-17
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Harbor Lights - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- All My Love (Bolero) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1950 and get them!