Tuesday 8 October 1946
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Jolson Story, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1946 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Aleksandr Gorshlov: ice dancer (holds six titles).
- Jean-Jacques Beineix: French film director of what came to be called the 'cinéma du look' which included the films of Luc Besson and Léos Carax.
- Dennis Kucinich: American politician.
- Sarah Purcell: American actress and TV hostess.
- Geoff Vanderstock: American track & field champion.
- Hanan Ashrawi: Palestinian scholar activist and politician
- Bel Mooney: English journalist and author
- Jon Ekerold: South African motorcycle racer
- Kwo-less-shrew selects General Chiang Kai-shek as President of China
- Military plane crashes at Christian HBS, 24 die
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?