Saturday 15 April 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dzhokhar Dudaev and Gerard Schoenaker.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1944 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Dzhokhar Dudaev: Chechen leader (d. 1996).
- Gerard Schoenaker: Dutch singer ("Les Baroques").
- Wesley Von Schack: American economist and CEO of DQE, a hometown utilities company that is diversifying by selling electricity to surrounding states.
- Dzhokhar Dudayev: Russian-Chechen general and politician 1st President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (d. 1996).
- Dave Edmunds: Welsh singer guitarist and producer (Love Sculpture and Rockpile).
- Nikolai Fyodorovich Vatutin: Soviet general (Born 1901).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You) - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Dick Haymes)
- Bing Crosby - I Love You
- It's Love-Love-Love - Four King Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?