Thursday 9 December 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenny Vance and Rick Danko in Canada rocker (The Band - "Islands".
Madame Curie, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1943 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Kenny Vance: Rocker.
- Rick Danko in Canada rocker (The Band - "Islands": "Stage Fright").
- Pit Martin: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2008).
- Joanna Trollope: English author playwright and director.
- Georges Dufrenoy: French post-impressionnist painter (Born 1870).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 December 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?