Monday 9 November 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Lipton and Thomas Daniel Weiskopf.
Gentleman Jim, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1942 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Stuart Lipton: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Thomas Daniel Weiskopf: Massillon, Ohio -- PGA golfer (British Open 1973).
- Tom Weiskopf in Ohio: USA; PGA golfer (British Open 1973).
- Tom Weiskopf: American golfer who, for years, was one of the top 24 finishers in the Master's Tournament, finishing second four times.
- Victor Blank: English businessman and philanthropist.
- Edna May Oliver: American actress (Born 1883).
- German occupiers put Erik Scavenius as Danish Premier
- WWII: U.S serviceman Edward Leonski is hanged at Melbourne's Pentridge Prison for the quotBrown-Outquot murders of 3 women in May.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Are Such Things - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra & Pied Pipers)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?