Monday 9 June 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1952 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Bülent Ersoy: Turkish actress and singer.
- Uzi Hitman: Israeli singer-songwriter (d. 2004).
- Billy Knight: American basketball player.
- Gaye Nelson: American child actress, a cast member on the TV series "The Waltons" when she was a kid.
- Adolf Busch: German violinist and composer (d. 1952).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Lover - Peggy Lee (Gordon Jenkins Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?