Saturday 9 June 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Villarrial and Orlondo Steinauer.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
Battle for the Planet of the Apes, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warship.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1973 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Chris Villarrial: Center / guard (Chicago Bears).
- Orlondo Steinauer: CFL cornerback (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Frederic Choffat: Swiss film director.
- Tedy Bruschi: American athlete, a pro football player drafted by the New England Patriots in 1996.
- John Gilpatrick: American hockey player who recovered from his second severe hockey-related spinal chord injury to walk again.
- Aigars Apinis: Latvian discus thrower and shot putter
- Frédéric Choffat: Swiss director producer and cinematographer
- Iain Lee: English comedian and television host
- Grant Marshall: Mississauga, Ontario -- NHL right wing (Dallas Stars)
- Laura Ponte: Spanish model and member (by marriage) of the Spanish Royal Family
- Erich von Manstein: German military commander (Born 1887).
- 105th Belmont: Ron Turcotte aboard Secretariat wins in 2:24
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Elton John - Daniel
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- Focus - Hocus Pocus
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?