Wednesday 9 October 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1963 ?
- Sheila Kelley: American actress and dancer.
- Andy Platt: English rugby player.
- Deborah Quimby: American missing person presumed dead.
- Thurlow Weed Lieurance: Composer, dies at 85.
- British Premier Harold MacMillan, resigns
- French air force gets 1st nuclear weapons
- Hurricane Flora ravages Cuba and Haiti, kills 6,000
- Uganda becomes a republic within the British Commonwealth.
- In northeast Italy, over 2,000 people are killed when a large landslide behind the Vajont Dam causes a giant wave of water to overtop it.
- The nuclear test ban treaty, signed on August 5, takes effect.
- The second James Bond film, ''From Russia with Love'', opens in the UK.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 October 1963 and get them!