Sunday 13 October 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1963 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Isabelle Gélinas: French stage and film actress born to a Canadian father, particularly known for her role in the TV serie "Fais-pas ci, Fais-pas ça" (with Tonquédec).
- Colin Channer: Jamaican-American author and academic.
- Chip Foose: American automotive designer and fabricator.
- Scott Mink: American murderer (d. 2004).
- Scott Andrew Mink: American convicted murderer (d. 2004).
- Bryan Hickerson: American baseball player who has played with both the Minnesota Twins and the San Francisco Giants. He received a Minnesota college degree in Sports and Exercise Science in 1987. In 1988 he had a bad year, as he was disabled for the entire season.
- Beatlemania is coined after Beatles appear at Palladium
- 15th Ryder Cup: US beats 23-9 at East Lake Country Club - Georgia
- 9th LPGA Championship won by Mickey Wright
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Ray Charles - Busted
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?