Tuesday 22 October 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 22 October 1963 ?
- Cherie Witter: Everett, Washington -- Playmate (February, 1985).
- Brian Boitano: American pro figure skater.
- 225,000 students boycott Chicago schools in Freedom Day protest.
- A BAC One-Eleven prototype airliner crashes in UK with the loss of all on board.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 October 1963 and get them!