Saturday 10 July 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Brinkley and Owen Chamberlain.
Himmelskibet, directed by Holger-Madsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1920 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- David Brinkley: American TV news correspondent best known as the partner of Chet Huntley on the popular and award-winning NBC-TV show, "Huntley Brinkley Report," 1956-1970.
- Owen Chamberlain: American scientist, winner of the Nobel Prize for physics on 10/26/1959, along with Dr. Emilio Segre, for their detection of the antiproton.
- Virginia Brooks: American homicide victim who was kidnapped on 2/11/1931 at age 10 in San Diego while walking to school; her body was found on 3/9/1931 on the Fort Kearney military reservation 15 miles north of San Diego by a shepherd and his border collie.
- Maurice Werther: French radio and television journalist, specializing in foreign policy.
- Tris Speaker is stopped at 11 consecutive hits by Tom Zachary
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 July 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Old Irish Mother of Mine - Charles Harrison
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?