Friday 16 July 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1920 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Anatole Broyard: American literary critic and essayist (d. 1990).
- Anwar Hussain: Pakistani cricketer (d. 2002).
- 15th Davis Cup: USA beats Australasia in Auckland (5-0)
- China joins the League of Nations
- Gen Amos Fries appointed 1st US army chemical warfare chief
- Ruth sets season home run record with 30 en route to 54.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Old Irish Mother of Mine - Charles Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?