Sunday 11 July 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yul Brynner and Arthur Le Bau.
Himmelskibet, directed by Holger-Madsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1920 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Yul Brynner: Russian-American actor who was dynamic, slightly mysterious and famous for his shaven head and piercing gaze.
- Arthur Le Bau: French astrologer, author of the books "Un autre regard sur l'astrologie, l'anthropologie, la cosmologie".
- Suzanne Prou: French novelist.
- James von Brunn: American murderer committed the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting (d. 2010).
- Empress Eugenie: de Montijo of France (Born 1826).
- In the East Prussian plebiscite the local populace decides to remain with Weimar Germany
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Old Irish Mother of Mine - Charles Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?