Sunday 11 July 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Himmelskibet, directed by Holger-Madsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1920 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Suzanne Prou: French novelist.
- James von Brunn: American murderer committed the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting (d. 2010).
- Yul Brynner: Russian-American actor who was dynamic, slightly mysterious and famous for his shaven head and piercing gaze.
- Arthur Le Bau: French astrologer, author of the books "Un autre regard sur l'astrologie, l'anthropologie, la cosmologie".
- Empress Eugenie: de Montijo of France (Born 1826).
- In the East Prussian plebiscite the local populace decides to remain with Weimar Germany
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That Old Irish Mother of Mine - Charles Harrison
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?