Friday 23 July 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1920 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Amália Rodrigues: Portuguese singer and actress (d. 1999).
- Malcolm Hughes: Artist.
- Marcel Maeyer [de Maeyer]: Belgian sculptor / graphic artist.
- Amalia Rodrigues: Portuguese Fadista, one of the best-known Fado singers on the international stage, sometimes called the "Voice of Portugal's Soul" .
- Andr? Bilquez: Bains les Bains physician.
- Conrad Kohrs: German-born American rancher (Born 1835).
- British East Africa renamed Kenya and becomes a British crown colony
- Arthur Meighen becomes Canada's ninth prime minister.
- Battle of Maysalun: The French defeat the Syrian army.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?