Sunday 10 October 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Murmur of the Heart, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1971 ?
- Bryn Parry: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 BC Amateur-2nd).
- Claus Dalpiaz: Hockey goaltender (Team Austria 1998).
- Corey Louchiey: NFL offensive tackle (Buffalo Bills).
- Reynald Pedros: French footballer who played as a midfielder at senior level from 1987 to 2009.
- Graham Alexander: English-Scottish footballer and manager.
- Ian Bennett: English footballer
- Evgeny Kissin: Russian pianist
- Tiffany Mynx: American porn actress and director
- John Cawte Beaglehole: New Zealand historian (Born 1901).
- 5th Country Music Association Award: Charlie Pride wins
- Rain washes out Game 2, 1st World Series postponement since 1962
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?