Sunday 11 December 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Christmas Carol, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1938 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Enrico Macias: French singer, entertainer, songwriter and musician.
- McCoy Tyner: American jazz pianist.
- Reg Livermore: Australian entertainer.
- Christian Lous Lange: Norwegian historian, teacher, and political scientist.
- New York Giants win NFL championship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jeepers Creepers - Al Donahue & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1938 and get them!