Saturday 11 December 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
There's No Business Like Show Business, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1954 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Jermaine Jackson in Gary: Indiana, USA; singer (Jackson Five - "ABC").
- Bradley Dub Bryant in Amarillo: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1995 Walt Disney).
- Gu?laugur Kristinn Ottarsson: Icelandic engineer.
- Garry Phillipson: British astrologer, the author of "Astrology in the Year Zero.
- Jermaine Jackson: Pop Singer.
- Brad Bryant: American golfer
- Santiago Creel: Mexican lawyer and politician Mexican Secretary of the Interior
- Guðlaugur Óttarsson: Icelandic guitarist mathematician and engineer
- Phillies purchase Connie Mack Stadium
- USS Forrestal christened in Newport News, Virginia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?