Tuesday 14 December 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Horean and Alan Kulwicki in Greenfield.
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
There's No Business Like Show Business, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Galerie der großen Detektive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1954 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- James Horean: Actor (Loving).
- Alan Kulwicki in Greenfield: Wisconsin, USA; NASCAR racer (Winston Cup).
- Hans William Schlegel in Oberlingen: Germany; astronaut (STS 55).
- Ib Anderson in Copenhagen: Denmark; ballet dancer.
- Steven Glenwood MacLean in Ottawa: Ontario, Canada; astronaut (STS 52).
- Steven MacLean: Canadian astronaut
- Eva Mattes: German-Austrian actress, appeared in four films directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder (The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, Wildwechsel, Effi Briest and In a Year of 13 Moons) and A Man Called Eva (Ein Mann wie EVA, 1984), as a bearded film director based on the then recently deceased Fassbinder. She is also known for her appearances in two films of Werner Herzog, a former partner, with whom she had a daughter, Hanna, in 1980. Eva Mattes also appeared in "Germany, Pale Mother," and in Enemy At The
- James Horan: American actor
- Alan Kulwicki: American stock car racer, dies in plane crash at age 38 (born 1954).
- Steve MacLean: Canadian physicist and astronaut
- WOAY TV channel 4 in Oak Hill-Beckley, WV (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?