Wednesday 8 December 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Utopia, directed by Lo Joannon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1954 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Harold Hongju Koh: American lawyer and Obama Administration advisor.
- Gadowar Singh Sahota: Indian professional wrestler.
- Caralyn Hawley: American psychic healer who goes by the name Caralyn and shuns the label 'psychic,' preferring to call herself a counselor.
- Frits Pirard: Dutch cyclist.
- Gama Singh: Indian-Canadian wrestler.
- Harold Koh: American lawyer, professor and scholar, he served as an advisor for the State Department in the Obama administration beginning with his Senate confirmation in late June 2009. He has been on the faculty of Yale University since 1985 and served as the Dean of Yale Law School from 2004 to 2009..
- WPTZ TV channel 5 in Plattsburgh, New York (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 December 1954 and get them!